B. All streets within the RCC zone shall comply with St. George standard specifications for design and construction, and be a public street, or an RCC modified street, with a minimum width of twenty-seven feet (27') of pavement along the entire depth of the property, with the additional following reduced standards:
1. Twenty feet (20') of pavement is required along the street side yard of an existing house;
2. HB30-7 curb and gutters on each side (five feet (5') total);
3. Four-foot (4') wide sidewalk on both sides of the street;
5. If new modified street is adjacent to existing side or rear lots, a six-foot (6') solid block wall is required along the existing lots. The wall shall not be located in the required front yard setback of existing lots;
6. Six-foot (6') solid fencing on a street side yard shall not be located in the required setback. However, a six-foot (6') decorative fence, such as a picket fence or a wrought iron fence with at least fifty percent (50%) of the fence open (up to fifty percent (50%) may be solid, or non-see-through) shall be allowed in the required street side yard setback.
C. All alleys shall comply with St. George standard specifications for design and construction and be a minimum of twenty feet (20') wide when serving garages in the rear yards of lots with dwellings that front on a public street.
D. Legally existing multiple-family dwelling units may be replaced with the same or lesser number of units; provided, such replacement meets all multiple-family code requirements in article C of this chapter, and meets all architectural design standards contained in this chapter. The replacement units shall obtain a building permit within twelve (12) months of abandonment, vacancy, discontinuation of use, or demolition of the nonconforming units, whichever is sooner. If a building permit is not obtained, all residential central city zone standards for new construction control.
E. All new subdivision and development within the RCC zone shall comply with the following minimum standards and the architectural design standards:
Minimum lot area
5,000 square feet
Minimum lot width/ frontage
Street side yard
(Ord. 2019-10-002, 10-10-2019)