A. The planning commission shall review and make a recommendation to the city council in accordance with Utah Code Annotated section 10-9a-302, for all items enumerated therein, including:
1. A general plan and amendments to the general plan;
2. Land use regulations, including:
a. Ordinances regarding the subdivision of land within the municipality; and
b. Amendments to existing land use regulations;
3. An appropriate delegation of power to at least one (1) designated land use authority to hear and act on a land use application;
4. An appropriate delegation of power to at least one (1) appeal authority to hear and act on an appeal from a decision of the land use authority; and
5. Application processes that:
a. May include a designation of routine land use matters that, upon application and proper notice, will receive informal streamlined review and action if the application is uncontested; and
b. Shall protect the right of each:
(1) Land use applicant and adversely affected party to require formal consideration of any application by a land use authority;
(2) Land use applicant and adversely affected party to appeal a land use authority’s decision; and
(3) Participant to be heard in each public hearing on a contested application.
D. The city council may adopt, modify, or reject the planning commission’s recommendation. The city council, in its sole discretion, may refer an item to the planning commission for further review and recommendation.
E. The city council, in its sole discretion, may consider the planning commission’s failure to make a timely recommendation as a negative recommendation, if the planning commission fails to take action on an item within sixty (60) days from the hearing date. If an applicant has requested that the planning commission not take action on an item, the sixty (60) day limit is tolled until the applicant makes a written request for planning commission consideration, again starting the sixty (60) day time limit.
F. Nothing in this section limits the right of the city to initiate or propose the actions described in this section.
G. The planning commission shall exercise any other powers delegated to it by the city council. (Ord. 2019-12-001 § 2 (Exh. A), 12-5-2019; amd. Ord. 2020-05-005 § 2 (Exh.), 5-21-2020)