A. Posted Rules: City has the right to post rules and regulations for all public parks and public squares. No person shall violate any provision of a posted rule or regulation.
B. Destruction; Dumping: In any public park or public square, it shall be unlawful to cut, break, move, take or otherwise injure, destroy or deface any trees, shrubs, plants, turf, rock or any building, fence, bridge, sign or other structure, or foul any spring or stream or leave waste items or rubbish of any kind. No person shall dump any earth, rubbish or other substance or material in or upon any public park without written permission of the city Manager or designee. No person shall leave, dump, abandon, or discard junk personal property in or upon any public park. No person shall throw, discard or deposit any paper, rubbish, debris, ashes, bottles, cans, trash or litter of any kind or nature whatsoever, except in receptacles specifically provided for waste.
D. Open Fires: No person shall make or kindle any open fire in a public park or public square except in fireplaces and grills provided by the city for this purpose or approved by the city manager or designee.
E. Fireworks: Fireworks are prohibited in public parks and public squares except if approved with a special event permit or approved by the city manager or designee.
F. Trapping Or Injuring Animals: No person shall, in any public park or public square, set a trap or snare, or shoot, injure, annoy, disturb or poison any wild animal or bird, or injure or destroy any nest.
G. Motor Vehicles; Speed Limit And Parking: No person shall ride in or drive any motor vehicle in any public park or public square except upon approved roads or as approved by the city. It is prohibited for any person to commit any act, by use or operation of any motor vehicle in any public park, which if committed upon a public highway or street in the State, would be prohibited and unlawful. Speed limits within all public parks shall be fifteen (15) miles per hour unless otherwise posted. There shall be no parking at any time except in areas designated for such purposes. Abandoned vehicles shall be towed at owner’s expense.
H. Signs And Advertising: No person shall erect, paint, paste or otherwise affix any signs in a public park or public square except as approved by the city.
I. Animal Control: Animals are prohibited in all public parks and public squares except in public parks expressly designated for that purpose or expressly permitted by the city. Dogs or cats are allowed in groomed public parks, public squares, playgrounds, paved and unpaved trails and paths, at athletic fields, basketball or tennis courts, pedestrian or bicycle paths, open space, and wilderness areas if the dog or cat is on a leash no more than six feet (6') in length and under the control of a person. Dogs are allowed off leash in a park designated as a dog park. The person in control of the dog or cat is responsible for removal of the animal’s waste.
J. Weapons: While in a public park or public square, no person shall possess or discharge a firearm or dangerous weapon in violation of state code and city ordinance. No person shall have possession of, or discharge, a BB gun, air rifle, bow and arrow, or other similar dangerous weapon.
K. Vending: No person or group may utilize any public park or public square for profit or financial gain without a special event permit or written approval of the city manager or designee. This includes but is not limited to selling, entertainment, concerts, and other activities that charge a fee.
L. Park And Square Hours Of Operation: No person shall enter, remain, stay, or loiter in any of the following public parks or public squares between the hours of ten o’clock (10:00) P.M. and sunrise of the following day except in those areas posted with alternative hours or if extended hours were approved for a city approved event:
1100 East Park
2450 East Park
Black Hill View Park
Blake Memorial Park
Bloomington Hills North Park
Bloomington Hills Park
Brooks Nature Park
Canyons Softball Complex
Cottonwood Cove Park
Crosby Family Confluence
Dixie Downs Park
Hela Segmiller Farm Park
Hidden Valley Park
J.C. Snow Park
Royal Oaks Park
St. James Park
Shadow Mountain Park
Slick Rock Park
The Fields at Little Valley
The Fields Phase 2 at Little Valley
Vernon Worthen Park
M. Entertainment And Similar Activities: No entertainment, exhibition, meeting, concert or tournament, whether public or private, and whether for profit or not, shall be given in any public park or public square without a special event permit or approval of the city manager or designee.
N. Glass Bottles And Containers: No person shall bring onto or possess on any park, except for golf courses, a glass bottle or container.
O. Sound Systems: No person shall use loudspeakers, amplifiers or public address systems in a public park or public square without a special event permit or approval of the city manager or designee.
P. Personal Property: No person shall leave, discard, or store personal property in a public park or public square.
1. Any personal property left, discarded, stored or unattended in a public park or public square is deemed abandoned and may be immediately impounded.
2. If any personal property is in a public park or public square after the closure times or in violation of other posted rules, notice shall be deemed to have been given and the personal property may be seized immediately.
3. If any personal property is in a public park or public square without posted closure times, notice shall be given ordering the personal property to be removed within twenty-four (24) hours, by serving the person with the personal property or by prominently and conspicuously posting the notice on the personal property.
4. Moving personal property to another location in the park or public square or returning personal property to the same park or public square within a seven (7) day period shall not be considered removing the personal property from the park or public square and the personal property shall be subject to immediate seizure.
5. Junk personal property or personal property that poses an immediate threat to the health or safety of the public may be seized and discarded immediately without prior notice.
6. When personal property is seized, a notice shall be left stating where the property is being held, how long it will be held and how to contact the holder of the property. All seized personal property shall be retained and disposed of pursuant to the Utah State Code for abandoned property. (Ord. 2017-04-002, 4-6-2017; amd. Ord. 2019-07-001, 7-11-2019)