A. Established: There will be storm drainage service fees charged on each parcel of real property within the city, except government owned streets and storm water facilities. Service fees will be charged as follows:
1. Fees: The fees to be charged for an ERU shall be calculated from time to time in accordance with the requirements of the utility systems and the best interests of the community. Those fees shall be approved by the mayor and city council and listed in the city fee schedule.
2. Residential Parcels: Each dwelling unit on a residential parcel shall constitute one (1) ERU.
3. Common Areas: Common areas for residential development shall have no assessed charges.
4. Undeveloped Parcels: Undeveloped parcels shall have no charges assessed.
5. Other Parcels: Charges for all parcels, other than residential, shall be computed by multiplying the total ERUs for a parcel by the monthly fee. Total ERUs are calculated by dividing total square feet of impervious surface by two thousand (2,000) (one (1) ERU), rounded to the nearest whole number.
B. Credit For On-Parcel Mitigation: Nonresidential parcels with mitigating storm water facilities that meet the city’s design and maintenance standards are eligible for a service charge credit. The parcel’s owner or agent must make application for this credit to the director. A fifty percent (50%) reduction in the natural (undeveloped) one hundred (100) year peak storm water discharge shall qualify a parcel for a fifty percent (50%) reduction in the total ERU. This credit may be granted in addition to any other available credit.
C. Credit For Storm Water Management Program Achievements: Nonresidential parcels are eligible for a service charge credit if they contribute to the city’s storm water management program. A fifty percent (50%) reduction in the total ERUs may be granted to qualifying parcels. Qualifying contributions must involve ongoing participation in the achievement of program goals associated with established best management practices. The parcel’s owner or agent must make application for this credit to the director. This credit may be granted in addition to any other available credit. (Ord. 2019-02-001 § 2, 2-7-2019)